WordPress / Shopify Web Developer – Birmingham
Rice is the Leading Digital Agency in the Midlands with over 20 Years experience. We only work with Clients that have budget and know how to work with an Agency.
We service a vast number of clients for all parts of their Digital Marketing efforts with a reputation for professionalism and our customer base is driving us to both WordPress & Shopify as the go to platforms for development. Our aim is to deliver incremental value to our clients and therefore we are not about selling pretty websites; we strive to deliver growth platforms.
This role isn’t just about uploading websites, it is about crafting platforms built around clean design with consideration for conversion and building in the technical blueprints to support our wider SEO & PPC team efforts.
We will work with you to build a funnel for development that removes a lot of the wasted time typically associated with web design. Our systems and processes create a scalable way of delivering everything that we serve to our clients and this is no different.
Our client base is split evenly across B2B, B2C and Ecommerce and this is where we see WordPress and Shopify sitting perfectly. We do not wish to engage in fully bespoke and complex systems.
It is absolutely essential that you have experience with Shopify and WordPress. We want to deliver mainline websites that are template driven and quick to deliver and while visually appealing, all of our projects must deliver first class Conversion Rate Optimisation which is at the core of our business.
If you’re not already up to speed with Technical SEO we will train you in order to bridge the gap between what a client sees and what Google sees so that we can deliver a full optimisation service.
- 2+ years experience in Web Development
- WordPress & Shopify Proficiency
- Experience with managing Hosting
- Some Design capability would be preferable
- Ability to Modify Templates and use Custom Elements
- Understand the importance of Page Speed
- Working knowledge of SEO tools and platforms e.g. Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console
- Some understanding of technical SEO, such as redirect strategies, migration, and crawl budget optimisation
- Great written / verbal communication skills
To fulfil this role you’ll need to be a commercially minded innovator with the ability to confidently liaise and question clients in order to actively understand their goals and ambitions, while creating and driving strategies that deliver.
Drive your Digital Marketing career forward.
By working with Ricemedia, you’ll have access to training alongside a team of experts who will transform the way you work with clients.
Some of our benefits include
- Modern Birmingham city centre offices
- Generous Company Pension
- Private Health Care
- Free breakfast
- Free fruit
- Up to 28 days holiday allowance
- Birthdays off
- Industry training
- Attend events through the year.
- Pre-payday lunch
- Drinks o’Clock on Friday afternoons
Fields marked with an * are required